The Nanophotonics Centre is primarily focused on the design, production and express-testing of photoactive nanocomposite materials and elements for the following fields: optical and quantum supercomputers; nanoelectronics and micromechanics; solar energy conversion and photocatalysis; photoactive nanocoatings and sensors.
Methods applied at the Nanophotonics Centre
Optical characterisation of nanostructures of photonics and photon spintronics:
- • spectral operational ranges of lasers,
- • characterisation of optical and magneto-optical sensibility of structures of photonics and photon spintronics,
- • modelling of elements of logic and memory of an optical supercomputer.
Creation and nanofragmentation of nanostructured media:
- • molecular beam epitaxy,
- • creation of 3D/2D nanostructured media and 3D/2D, 1D, 0D structures using 3D/2D nanofragmentation methods.
Synthesis of photoactive nanomaterials and functional coatings based on them:
- • hydrothermal synthesis, etc.
Testing of photoactive nanomaterials and functional coatings based on them:
- • design, production and express-testing of nanostructured media for solar energy conversion and photocatalysis, photoactive nanocoatings and chemical sensors;
- • testing of materials photoactivity in solid/vapour systems under a pressure ranging from atmospheric to 100 Pa;
- • testing of materials photoactivity in solid/solution systems;
- • testing of materials photoactivity in photoelectrochemical processes;
- • testing of high-dispersity nanocomposite materials using methods of optical and luminescence spectrometry under high vacuum or a controlled gas phase with mass-spectrometric analysis of materials-gases/gas mixtures products under UV and visible light;
- • testing of properties of photoactive and super-hydrophilic coatings.
Phone: +7 (812) 428-44-77, +7 (812) 428-44-78