The resource centre provides its users with the following possibilities of the research on the collections of microorganisms:
- - experimental research on the maintained strains using resources available in the centre;
- - supply of the strains or clones for research at the other institutions;
- - supply of the model strains for educational purposes, in particular, zoology, botany and microbiology courses;
- - deposit and maintenance of the user collections;
- - concentration, fixation and conservation of samples for transportation and other purposes on user request.
The resource centre provides its users the possibility of using the equipment for:
- - light microscopic investigations in vivo and on permanent preparations using various methods of light microscopy with brand new models of Leica equipment;
- - isolation, quality assessment, preservation and storage of DNA and RNA; PCR amplification of various molecular markers and preparation of amplified fragments for sequencing;
- - fixation and sample preparation for immunocytochemical and electron microscopic studies.
Based on the availability of resources of the centre other methods of research can be used on request.