Saint-Petersburg State University opened Resource Center «Center for Sociological and Internet Research» in March 2013.
The mission of the Center is:
Methods of data collection:
- Personal structured (semi-structured) interviewing with respondents (experts).
- An online survey based on self-administered web-questionnaire allowing to check for mutually exclusive responses at the time of filling in and to control sample of respondents according to specified attributes.
- A telephone interview with automatic dials and the use of an online self-administered questionnaire to provide faster data collection, elimination of possible mistakes by interviewers and control sample of respondents.
- Automated collection of network data and content from public Internet-services including online social network sites (VK, Odnoklassniki, etc.).
- Focus-group interviewing with respondents (experts) in mode of a video-conference.
Methods of data analysis:
Hardware and software:
The Center main services:
- development of a machine-readable form of a questionnaire from a customer’s questionnaire for an automatic data input;
- research and methodological consulting;
- methodological support of research and tools development;
- software development for interactive data visualization;
- data collection and analysis of online social network services (VK, Odnoklassniki)
- structured and semi-structured expert interviewing;
- online survey;
- telephone interviewing;
- focus-group interviewing;
- in-depth expert interviewing;
- software development for specific research goals;
- development of a personal Internet accounts for topical online questionnaires and other web-services;
- converting databases from an Excel to SPSS format;
- statistical analysis of sociological data;
- input of the survey data with the help of automatic sequences-flow scanner;
Resource Center «Center for Sociological and Internet Research» fairly provides opportunity for St. Petersburg State University personnel and prospective partners to use expensive analytical software in order to foster academic research, educational process, and to facilitate the commercialization of research activities.